In a Relationship, Little Things Mean a Lot: 7 Fun Ways to Show Love to your Partner
When it comes to love, little acts can mean a lot to show your partner that you care. They can also help over time to strengthen your relationship. If you are struggling to find ways to show love to your partner, consider these fun suggestions.
1. Cook a Meal. Cooking a meal can be a great way to show your partner that you care. This is especially true if you are the one who normally doesn’t cook. Cooking your partner’s favorite meal is logical, but if both of you are willing to be adventurous, try something new. If you are not confident in your cooking abilities, consider signing up for a service like Blue Apron or Hello Fresh. They specialize in sending meals with pre-packaged ingredients and instructions to prepare meals at home. It’s a perfect way to experience new meals and have a weekly date night.
2. Write a Romantic Note. Leaving a note for your partner to find is one of the simplest and most romantic ways to show love and care for your loved one. You can use a card from the store, or write your own on card stock. Leave it in a place where they will find it and be surprised, such as on a home-office desk, on the refrigerator, or a pillow. Don’t know what to say? Brainyquotes.com is a website that has quotes for romance, motivational, relationship, and other topics.
3. Play Board Games With Each Other. An easy way to show that you care is by playing a board game or putting a puzzle together. It provides an opportunity to spend time with each other, work together to play the game or solve the puzzle, and encourages you to focus on each other instead of a TV screen or your phones.
4. Saying I Love You. It takes only a few moments, but taking a moment in your day to say “I love you,” can go a long way. In-person would be great, but sometimes we are busy with jobs and other responsibilities that keep us separated throughout the day. So, why not send a text message instead? Your partner will appreciate the thought and know that you are thinking of them.
5. Create Something. Do you have a creative talent that you can use to make something for your partner? It doesn’t have to be a huge sculpture or painting, but something small that shows that you care. Some ideas include:
- A small drawing that you can post on the fridge.
- A song that you wrote.
- A favorite photograph that you framed.
- Writing a poem.
- Arranging flowers.
6. Make a Playlist. At one point, it was popular to make mix tapes of music for people you cared about. Then came along CD’s where you could burn music onto a disc. Now, it’s making playlists on iTunes or streaming music online. However you or your partner enjoy music, you can still show that you care by creating a playlist of favorite tunes or new music that you think your partner would like.
7. Send a URL. In the age of the internet, emailing, and links, sharing online content is another simple way of showing your love, and getting a laugh as well. Do you know which websites your partner goes to see something funny? Does your partner like to view news or sports? One website, greatbigstory.com, provides short inspirational videos that cover a variety of topics.
There are many creative and fun ways to show love to your partner and nurture the emotional bond in your marriage. Expressing your love for your partner doesn’t have to be complicated or fancy. Whether it is cooking a meal, sharing a hug, or sending a link to an interesting video online, you can take some simple steps to show your affection.
As a marriage and relationship therapist, I have helped numerous couples rekindle the spark of love between them. It will gives me so much joy to help you renew your love life and have a more fulfilling relationship. If you would like to have a free phone consultation please don’t hesitate to contact me. I will be delighted to hear from you!